Hubbard Public Library
Phone: 330-534-3512, 436 West Library Street
Hubbard, Ohio 44425-1793, Web: www.beyond-books.org
Position: Technical Services Assistant
• Part Time – 30 hours a week – including some evenings and weekends.
• $9.50 per hour
• High School Diploma
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Ability to present a warm, welcoming image in working with the public in person and on the phone.
• Ability to develop knowledge of current cataloging system.
• Ability to learn computer hardware and software applications used in the Library.
• Ability to efficiently use a computer.
• Ability to perform repetitive tasks accurately and consistently to insure quality control.
• Must work independently, often without direct supervision.
• Creates/maintains material records in current cataloging system.
• Transfers calls to appropriate departments.
• Packs and receives Interlibrary Loan materials.
• Performs database entry and word processing as needed.
• Prepares books and other library materials for circulation, i.e., puts on labels, etc.
• Keeps track of processing supplies.
• Assists with mending as needed.
• Prepares and sorts mail as needed.
• Prepares daily deposit as needed.
• Records and emails morning minutes as needed.
• Promptly relays all suggestions, problems, and complaints to Supervisor.
• Performs opening and closing duties according to established procedures.
• Working knowledge of current circulation system.
• Assists Circulation Department as needed
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Submit cover letter, resume and references (including contact information) to:
Charlene Helsel-Kather, TS/Circulation Supervisor
436 W. Liberty Street, Hubbard, OH 44425
Application Deadline: Friday, January 25th, 2019