Summer Reading is for all ages!
We have programming available for
Children, Teens and Adults!
Ask for information!
Ask how you can check out a pass for a family of four to OH WOW! The Roger & Gloria Jones Children's Center for Science & Technology with your library card!
Overdrive Front Line Tech Support
When you replace your library card, you must notify Overdrive in order to transfer all eMedia information (downloads, checkouts, holds, etc.) to your new account number.
- Click the link below
- Fill in the form
- In the “Issue” drop down menu, choose “Account – Replaced Card” and then in the “Describe Issue” field, include your previous card number: https://frontline.overdrive.com/Lib=CLEVNET&_ga=1.61069743.2035013898.1395788831
Mats of Love (Youngstown Blue Coats)
CLICK FOR INSTRUCTIONS
Join us for drop-in work sessions (ALL AGES WELCOME)
on Wednesdays thru August 22, 2018 in the teen room at Hubbard Public Library.
Earn volunteer hours cutting bags, making plarn or crocheting.
Questions?Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- Crochet hook size Q (available for checkout at HPL)
- plarn [approximately 500 plastic bags, cut lengthwise into four strips]
Directions: [ch=chain; hdc=half-double crochet]
Body of Mat:
- Ch 43.
- Row 1: hdc in 3rd ch from hook [2 skipped ch count as hdc];
hdc in each ch across ~ you will have 42 hdc at the end of this row.
- Row 2: Ch 2, turn, [ch-2 counts as 1st hdc]; hdc in 2nd st from hook [ch-2 counts as 1st hdc]; hdc in each st across ~ you will have 42 hdc at end of this row.
- Repeat Row 2 until mat measures 5 feet long ~ you will have 42 hdc at the end of each row.
- Fasten off.
Strap: [dc=double crochet]
- Ch 120.
- Row 1: dc into 4th ch from hook [3 skipped ch count as dc]; dc in each ch across.
- Fasten off.
- Weave in ends.
- Fold mat in half lengthwise, and roll up.
- Tie ends of the strap together to form a loop.
- Lay out the loop-chain strap, place rolled-up mat in middle of loop. Grab one end of the loop, wrap over the rolled-up mat, put it through the other open loop end, and pull tight.
TA-DA! You’ve completed a “Mat of Love.” Congratulations! Bravo!