HOW DO I ....
- Get a library card
- Create a password for the card catalog (Bibliocommons)
- Adjust my settings for the card catalog (Bibliocommons) account
- Find my way around the Library
- Borrow Books, Cds, DVDs, Blu Ray, Video Games
- Find Answers 24/7 Services
- Book a Meeting Room
- Get reminders about my account with NetNotice
- Access Free Library eBook and Audiobook downloads
- Find Additional Resources
1. Get a Library Card
To apply for a library card online, please click here.
Ohio residents may register for a library card free of charge.
There is an annual fee of $20.00 for out-of–state borrowers who are not employed or attending school in Ohio. Out-of-state applicants must present a pay stub or proof of school enrollment in order to register for a free card. Additional cards for immediate family members residing at the same address may be acquired at no charge.
Ohio Resident Applicants
Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
Applicant must show acceptable identification.
a) Examples of identification:
- Letter or bill addressed to applicant
- Driver's license
- Pay stub for out-of-state resident who works in Ohio Proof of enrollment in Ohio school or college
If a high school applicant is with a parent, parent’s identification may be used as verification.
Questions? Call the circulation desk at
It is important that you create this password yourself. It can contain numbers or letters or a combination of both.
You will need a library password to access the following services
- To check and update your library account
- To access all library online resources when sourcing material
- To place holds on books
How to create a password
- Click on the Login tab on the library website
- Enter your library card number in the required field. For the password, enter your pin number. Click Login.
- The next page will ask you to create a username and password. You will then be asked if you want to enable the "Recently Returned" option. This will allow you to view the books you have returned in the past two weeks.
- You will have to accept the user agreement and then you can begin using the catalog.
- Visit Hubbard.bibliocommons.com
- Put in your username.
- Click Forgot Your Library Password?
- You will receive an e-mail containing a reset link, click on this to reset your password
You can change your settings by clicking on the "My Settings" link in the top right corner of the page. This allows you to change your preferred pick-up location (make sure it is set to Hubbard), change your username or password, and set your privacy settings.
The upper floor holds the adult non-fiction and fiction books, 20 public use computers, DVDs and Blu Ray, Video Games, and teen section. The reference desk at the top of the steps is your one-stop information center for finding a book, reserving a meeting room, and much, much more!
HPL loan period:
DVDs, VHS & Video Games: 7 days
Other new items: 14 days
All other items: 21 days
iPad: 2 hours in library use only
eReaders- 21 days
ebook downloads- up to 21 days
audiobook downloads- up to 14 days
HPL fines for overdue materials are :
$1.00 a day for new DVDs and Video games
$.10 for all other items (excluding digital devices. Please see Digital Lending Agreement for information)
6. Find Answers
- Search for answers-Go to the database directory (24/7 Services)
Meeting rooms are available free of charge. The individual making the request on behalf of an organization must have a current HPL library card. To inquire about use of a meeting room, please call 330.534.3512, ext. 6.
Sign up to receive an email reminder to access your account information for checking due dates, verifying holds, and view fines.
Net Notice sign up
Most everything you could ever imagine needing to know can be discovered at the reference desk or via our website... the possibilities are limitless!
Interested in learning to use our databases? Click below on the name of the database you want to use for simple instructions. To use our databases, click here.
Download Free ebooks