The congregation, currently known as Grace Lutheran Church, began in 1864 as St. John's
Evangelical Lutheran Church. The church was originally located on what is now Mill
St. and Old Route 62. In 1871, the new St. John's was incorporated at the
intersection of N. Main and Spring, moving later to Church St. In 1962, the church
moved to it's present location at 111 Hall Ave.